Why Choose Canada?
Students who study in Canada earn academic qualifications that are recognized and respected around the world. Canada has a diverse, welcoming and vibrant society that offers international students a unique cultural experience in a safe and beautiful environment. Attending high school in Canada is an excellent pathway into world renowned Canadian and international universities.
Did You Know...
- Canada is ethnically diverse and home to large immigrant populations from around the world?
- Canada is one of the safest and most culturally accepting countries in the world?
- Canada ranks among the top 5 countries in the OECD's Better Life Index for 2016?
- Canadian secondary school students excel in science, reading and mathematics and have consistently placed among the top 3 in English-speaking countries in the world according to the latest OECD PISA studies?
- Canada has a stable parliamentary democracy and has a high quality of life that is safe and secure?
- Canada is the world's second-largest country (by land mass)?
Canadian Secondary Education Facts
- Secondary schools are typically grades 9-12, often schools also have a junior program for grade 5-8
- The school year runs from September to June
- All schools, private and public, must register with and meet the curriculum of the Ministry of Education of their province
- Canadian high school diplomas are recognized by colleges and universities worldwide
- Some schools offer English as a Second Language (ESL) support to international students